Scrabble word: UTILITY
In which Scrabble dictionary does UTILITY exist?
Definitions of UTILITY in dictionaries:
- noun - a company that performs a public service
- noun - the quality of being of practical use
- noun - the service (electric power or water or transportation) provided by a public utility
- noun - (economics) a measure that is to be maximized in any situation involving choice
- noun - (computer science) a program designed for general support of the processes of a computer
- noun - a facility composed of one or more pieces of equipment connected to or part of a structure and designed to provide a service such as heat or electricity or water or sewage disposal
- adj - used of beef
- adj - capable of substituting in any of several positions on a team
- The quality or condition of being useful; usefulness: “I have always doubted the utility of these conferences on disarmament” (Winston S.
- A useful article or device.
- A public utility.
- A commodity or service, such as electricity, water, or public transportation, that is provided by a public utility.
- Prepared to play any of the smaller theatrical roles on short notice: a utility cast member.
- Capable of playing as a substitute in any of several positions: a utility infielder.
- Designed for various often heavy-duty practical uses: a utility knife; a utility vehicle.
- Raised or kept for the production of a farm product rather than for show or as pets: utility livestock.
- Of the lowest U.
- noun - the quality of being useful