Scrabble word: SCROLL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCROLL exist?
Definitions of SCROLL in dictionaries:
- noun - a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- noun - a document that can be rolled up (as for storage)
- verb - move through text or graphics in order to display parts that do not fit on the screen
- A roll, as of parchment or papyrus, used especially for writing a document.
- An ancient book or volume written on such a roll.
- A list or schedule of names.
- An ornament or ornamental design that resembles a partially rolled scroll of paper, as the volute in Ionic and Corinthian capitals.
- The curved head on an instrument of the violin family.
- A ribbon inscribed with a motto.
- To inscribe on a scroll.
- To roll up into a scroll.
- To ornament with a scroll.
- To cause (displayed text or graphics) to move vertically or horizontally across the screen so that a line of text or graphics appears at one edge of the screen for each line that moves off the opposite edge: scroll a document; scroll a page of text.
- To cause displayed text or graphics to move vertically or horizontally across the screen: scrolled down to the end of the document.
- To appear on screen and roll by: “The information scrolls so fast it’s unreadable” (Creative Computing).
- verb - to move text across a display screen