Scrabble word: SCORCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCORCH exist?
Definitions of SCORCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a surface burn
- noun - a plant disease that produces a browning or scorched appearance of plant tissues
- noun - a discoloration caused by heat
- verb - make very hot and dry
- verb - become superficially burned
- verb - destroy completely by or as if by fire
- verb - burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color
- verb - become scorched or singed under intense heat or dry conditions
- To burn superficially so as to discolor or damage the texture of.
- To wither or parch with intense heat.
- To destroy by or as if by fire (all land and buildings in one’s path) so as to leave nothing salvageable to an enemy army.
- To subject to severe censure; excoriate.
- To become scorched or singed.
- To go or move at a very fast, often excessively fast rate.
- A slight or surface burn.
- A discoloration caused by heat.
- Brown spotting on plant leaves caused by fungi, heat, or lack of water.
- verb - to burn slightly so as to alter the color or taste