Scrabble word: PURDAH
In which Scrabble dictionary does PURDAH exist?
Definitions of PURDAH in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of social isolation
- noun - the traditional Hindu or Muslim system of keeping women secluded
- noun - a screen used in India to separate women from men or strangers
- A curtain or screen, used mainly in India to keep women separate from men or strangers.
- The Hindu or Muslim system of sex segregation, practiced especially by keeping women in seclusion.
- Social seclusion: “Never have artists been more separate: their inordinate fame, wealth, drug use have driven them into luxurious purdah” (D.
- noun - a curtain used in India to seclude women