Scrabble word: PLUMB
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLUMB exist?
Definitions of PLUMB in dictionaries:
- noun - the metal bob of a plumb line
- verb - measure the depth of something
- verb - weight with lead
- verb - examine thoroughly and in great depth
- verb - adjust with a plumb line so as to make vertical
- adj - exactly vertical
- adv - completely
- adv - conforming to the direction of a plumb line
- adv - exactly
- A weight on the end of a line, used to determine water depth.
- A weight on the end of a line, used especially by masons and carpenters to establish a true vertical.
- In a vertical or perpendicular line.
- Directly; squarely: fell plumb in the middle of the puddle.
- Utterly; completely: plumb worn out.
- Exactly vertical.
- Utter; absolute; sheer: a plumb fool.
- To determine the depth of with a plumb; sound.
- To test the verticality or alignment of with a plumb.
- To straighten or make perpendicular: plumb up the wall.
- To examine closely or deeply; probe: “Shallow ideas are plumbed and discarded” (Gilbert Highet).
- To work as a plumber.
- verb - to determine the depth of