Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: LEVEL
In which Scrabble dictionary does LEVEL exist?
Definitions of LEVEL in dictionaries:
- noun - a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
- noun - a relative position or degree of value in a graded group
- noun - a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
- noun - height above ground
- noun - indicator that establishes the horizontal when a bubble is centered in a tube of liquid
- noun - a flat surface at right angles to a plumb line
- noun - an abstract place usually conceived as having depth
- noun - a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale
- verb - aim at
- verb - tear down so as to make flat with the ground
- verb - make level or straight
- verb - direct into a position for use
- verb - talk frankly with
- verb - become level or even
- adj - having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another
- adj - not showing abrupt variations
- adj - being on a precise horizontal plane
- adj - oriented at right angles to the plumb
- adj - of the score in a contest
- Relative position or rank on a scale: the local level of government; studying at the graduate level.
- A relative degree, as of achievement, intensity, or concentration: an unsafe level of toxicity; a high level of frustration.
- A natural or proper position, place, or stage: I finally found my own level in the business world.
- Position along a vertical axis; height or depth: a platform at knee level.
- A horizontal line or plane at right angles to the plumb.
- The position or height of such a line or plane.
- A flat, horizontal surface.
- A land area of uniform elevation.
- An instrument for ascertaining whether a surface is horizontal, vertical, or at a 45 angle, consisting essentially of an encased, liquid-filled tube containing an air bubble that moves to a center window when the instrument is set on an even plane.
- Such a device combined with a telescope and used in surveying.
- A computation of the difference in elevation between two points by using such a device.
- A bit, an element, a channel, or a row of information.
- Having a flat, smooth surface.
- Being on a horizontal plane.
- Being at the same height or position as another; even.
- Being at the same degree of rank, standing, or advantage as another; equal.
- Exhibiting no abrupt variations; steady: spoke in a level tone.
- Rational and balanced; sensible: came to a level appraisal of the situation; keeps a level head in an emergency.
- Filled evenly to the top: a level tablespoon of cough medicine.
- To make horizontal, flat, or even: leveled the driveway with a roller; leveled off the hedges with the clippers.
- To tear down; raze.
- To knock down with or as if with a blow: The challenger leveled the champion with a mighty uppercut.
- To place on the same level; equalize.
- To aim along a horizontal plane: leveled the gun at the target.
- To direct emphatically or forcefully toward someone: leveled charges of dishonesty.
- To measure the different elevations of (a tract of land) with a level.
- To bring persons or things to an equal level; equalize.
- To aim a weapon horizontally.
- To be frank and open: advised the suspect to level with the authorities.
- To move toward stability or consistency: Prices leveled off.
- These adjectives are applicable to surfaces without irregularities in the form of elevations or depressions.
- adj - flat and smooth
There are 5 letters in LEVEL: E E L L V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LEVEL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LEVEL plus a wildcard: LEVEL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LEVEL
Images for LEVEL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.