Scrabble word: INDEX
In which Scrabble dictionary does INDEX exist?
Definitions of INDEX in dictionaries:
- noun - a numerical scale used to compare variables with one another or with some reference number
- noun - a number or ratio (a value on a scale of measurement) derived from a series of observed facts
- noun - a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
- noun - an alphabetical listing of names and topics along with page numbers where they are discussed
- noun - the finger next to the thumb
- verb - list in an index
- verb - provide with an index
- verb - adjust through indexation
- An alphabetized list of names, places, and subjects treated in a printed work, giving the page or pages on which each item is mentioned.
- A thumb index.
- A table, file, or catalog.
- Something that reveals or indicates; a sign: “Her face... was a fair index to her disposition” (Samuel Butler).
- A character ( ) used in printing to call attention to a particular paragraph or section.
- An indicator or a pointer, as on a scientific instrument.
- A number or symbol, often written as a subscript or superscript to a mathematical expression, that indicates an operation to be performed on, an ordering relation involving, or a use of the associated expression.
- A list formerly published by Church authority, restricting or forbidding the reading of certain books.
- To furnish with an index: index a book.
- To enter in an index.
- To indicate or signal.
- To adjust through indexation.
- noun - a type of reference guide at the end of a book
- verb - to provide with an index