Scrabble word: INDEX
In which Scrabble dictionary does INDEX exist?
Definitions of INDEX in dictionaries:
- noun - a numerical scale used to compare variables with one another or with some reference number
- noun - a number or ratio (a value on a scale of measurement) derived from a series of observed facts
- noun - a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
- noun - an alphabetical listing of names and topics along with page numbers where they are discussed
- noun - the finger next to the thumb
- verb - list in an index
- verb - provide with an index
- verb - adjust through indexation
- An alphabetized list of names, places, and subjects treated in a printed work, giving the page or pages on which each item is mentioned.
- A thumb index.
- A table, file, or catalog.
- Something that reveals or indicates; a sign: “Her face... was a fair index to her disposition” (Samuel Butler).
- A character ( ) used in printing to call attention to a particular paragraph or section.
- An indicator or a pointer, as on a scientific instrument.
- A number or symbol, often written as a subscript or superscript to a mathematical expression, that indicates an operation to be performed on, an ordering relation involving, or a use of the associated expression.
- A list formerly published by Church authority, restricting or forbidding the reading of certain books.
- To furnish with an index: index a book.
- To enter in an index.
- To indicate or signal.
- To adjust through indexation.
- noun - a type of reference guide at the end of a book
- verb - to provide with an index
There are 5 letters in INDEX: D E I N X
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to INDEX
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word INDEX plus a wildcard: INDEX?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word INDEX
Images for INDEX
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.