Scrabble word: FILL
In which Scrabble dictionary does FILL exist?
Definitions of FILL in dictionaries:
- noun - a quantity sufficient to satisfy
- noun - any material that fills a space or container
- verb - make full, also in a metaphorical sense
- verb - become full
- verb - occupy the whole of
- verb - assume, as of positions or roles
- verb - fill or meet a want or need
- verb - appoint someone to (a position or a job)
- verb - eat until one is sated
- verb - fill to satisfaction
- verb - plug with a substance
- To put into as much as can be held: fill a glass with milk.
- To supply to the fullest extent: fill a concert hall.
- To build up the level of (low-lying land) with material such as earth or gravel.
- To stop or plug up (an opening, for example).
- To repair a cavity of (a tooth).
- To add a foreign substance to (cloth or wood, for example).
- To satiate, as with food and drink.
- To satisfy or meet; fulfill: fill the requirements.
- To complete (something) by insertion or addition: fill in the blanks.
- To supply with material, such as writing, an inscription, or an illustration: filled the blank spaces on the page with notes.
- To supply as required: fill a prescription; fill an order.
- To place a person in: fill a job vacancy.
- To possess and discharge the duties of; hold: fill a post.
- To occupy the whole of; pervade: Music filled the room.
- To spread throughout: Fear filled the city.
- To engage or occupy completely; make full: filled the child’s mind with strange ideas; a story that filled our hearts with joy.
- To cover the surface of (an inexpensive metal) with a layer of precious metal, such as gold.
- To cause (a sail) to swell.
- To become full.
- An amount needed to make full, complete, or satisfied: eat one’s fill.
- Material for filling a container, cavity, or passage.
- A built-up piece of land; an embankment.
- The material, such as earth or gravel, used for fill.
- To act as a substitute; stand in: an understudy who filled in at the last minute.
- To complete (a form, for example) by providing required information: carefully filled out the job application.
- To serve a particular purpose.
- adj - to put as much as can be held into [v -ED, -ING, -S] : FILLABLE
There are 4 letters in FILL: F I L L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FILL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FILL plus a wildcard: FILL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FILL
Images for FILL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.