Scrabble word: ENVOY
In which Scrabble dictionary does ENVOY exist?
Definitions of ENVOY in dictionaries:
- noun - a diplomat having less authority than an ambassador
- noun - someone sent on a mission to represent the interests of someone else
- noun - a brief stanza concluding certain forms of poetry
- A representative of a government who is sent on a special diplomatic mission.
- A minister plenipotentiary assigned to a foreign embassy, ranking next below the ambassador.
- A messenger; an agent.
- A short closing stanza in certain verse forms, such as the ballade or sestina, dedicating the poem to a patron or summarizing its main ideas.
- The concluding portion of a prose work or a play.