Scrabble word: EFFECT
In which Scrabble dictionary does EFFECT exist?
Definitions of EFFECT in dictionaries:
- noun - a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- noun - an outward appearance
- noun - an impression (especially one that is artificial or contrived)
- noun - the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
- noun - (of a law) having legal validity
- noun - a symptom caused by an illness or a drug
- verb - produce
- verb - act so as to bring into existence
- Something brought about by a cause or an agent; a result.
- The power to produce an outcome or achieve a result; influence: The drug had an immediate effect on the pain.
- A scientific law, hypothesis, or phenomenon: the photovoltaic effect.
- Advantage; avail: used her words to great effect in influencing the jury.
- The condition of being in full force or execution: a new regulation that goes into effect tomorrow.
- Something that produces a specific impression or supports a general design or intention: The lighting effects emphasized the harsh atmosphere of the drama.
- A particular impression: large windows that gave an effect of spaciousness.
- Production of a desired impression: spent lavishly on dinner just for effect.
- The basic or general meaning; import: He said he was greatly worried, or words to that effect.
- To bring into existence.
- To produce as a result.
- These nouns denote something, such as an occurrence, a situation, or a condition, that is brought about by a cause.
- verb - to bring about
There are 6 letters in EFFECT: C E E F F T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to EFFECT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word EFFECT plus a wildcard: EFFECT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word EFFECT
Images for EFFECT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.