Scrabble word: COMMIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMMIT exist?
Definitions of COMMIT in dictionaries:
- verb - perform an act, usually with a negative connotation
- verb - give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause
- verb - cause to be admitted
- verb - confer a trust upon
- verb - make an investment
- verb - engage in or perform
- To do, perform, or perpetrate: commit a murder.
- To put in trust or charge; entrust.
- To place officially in confinement or custody, as in a mental health facility.
- To consign for future use or reference or for preservation: commit the verse to memory.
- To put into a place to be kept safe or to be disposed of.
- To make known the views of (oneself) on an issue: I never commit myself on such issues.
- To bind or obligate, as by a pledge: They were committed to follow orders.
- To pledge or obligate one’s own self: felt that he was too young to commit fully to marriage.
- verb - to do, perform, or perpetrate