Scrabble word: CLINCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does CLINCH exist?
Definitions of CLINCH in dictionaries:
- noun - (boxing) the act of one boxer holding onto the other to avoid being hit and to rest momentarily
- noun - a small slip noose made with seizing
- noun - the flattened part of a nail or bolt or rivet
- noun - a device (generally used by carpenters) that holds things firmly together
- noun - a tight or amorous embrace
- verb - secure or fasten by flattening the ends of nails or bolts
- verb - hold a boxing opponent with one or both arms so as to prevent punches
- verb - hold in a tight grasp
- verb - embrace amorously
- verb - flatten the ends (of nails and rivets)
- verb - settle conclusively
- To fix or secure (a nail or bolt, for example) by bending down or flattening the pointed end that protrudes.
- To fasten together in this way.
- To settle definitely and conclusively; make final: “The cocktail circuit is a constant and more contracts are clinched over pté than over paper” (Ann L.
- To fasten with a clinch.
- To be held together securely.
- To hold a boxing opponent’s body with one or both arms to prevent or hinder his punches.
- To embrace amorously.
- Something, such as a clamp, that clinches.
- The clinched part of a nail, bolt, or rivet.
- An act or instance of clinching in boxing.
- A knot in a rope made by a half hitch with the end of the rope fastened back by seizing.
- An amorous embrace.
- verb - to settle a matter decisively
There are 6 letters in CLINCH: C C H I L N
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CLINCH plus a wildcard: CLINCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CLINCH
Images for CLINCH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.