Scrabble word: CLINCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does CLINCH exist?
Definitions of CLINCH in dictionaries:
- noun - (boxing) the act of one boxer holding onto the other to avoid being hit and to rest momentarily
- noun - a small slip noose made with seizing
- noun - the flattened part of a nail or bolt or rivet
- noun - a device (generally used by carpenters) that holds things firmly together
- noun - a tight or amorous embrace
- verb - secure or fasten by flattening the ends of nails or bolts
- verb - hold a boxing opponent with one or both arms so as to prevent punches
- verb - hold in a tight grasp
- verb - embrace amorously
- verb - flatten the ends (of nails and rivets)
- verb - settle conclusively
- To fix or secure (a nail or bolt, for example) by bending down or flattening the pointed end that protrudes.
- To fasten together in this way.
- To settle definitely and conclusively; make final: “The cocktail circuit is a constant and more contracts are clinched over pté than over paper” (Ann L.
- To fasten with a clinch.
- To be held together securely.
- To hold a boxing opponent’s body with one or both arms to prevent or hinder his punches.
- To embrace amorously.
- Something, such as a clamp, that clinches.
- The clinched part of a nail, bolt, or rivet.
- An act or instance of clinching in boxing.
- A knot in a rope made by a half hitch with the end of the rope fastened back by seizing.
- An amorous embrace.
- verb - to settle a matter decisively