Scrabble word: BUILD
In which Scrabble dictionary does BUILD exist?
Definitions of BUILD in dictionaries:
- noun - constitution of the human body
- noun - alternative names for the body of a human being
- verb - make by combining materials and parts
- verb - form or accumulate steadily
- verb - build or establish something abstract
- verb - improve the cleansing action of
- verb - order, supervise, or finance the construction of
- verb - give form to, according to a plan
- verb - be engaged in building
- verb - found or ground
- verb - bolster or strengthen
- verb - develop and grow
- To form by combining materials or parts; construct.
- To order, finance, or supervise the construction of: The administration built several new housing projects.
- To develop or give form to according to a plan or process; create: build a nation; built a successful business out of their corner grocery store.
- To increase or strengthen by adding gradually to: money building interest in a savings account; build support for a political candidate.
- To establish a basis for; found or ground: build an argument on fact.
- To make something by combining materials or parts.
- To engage in the construction or design of buildings: “Each of the three architects built in a different style” (Dwight Macdonald).
- To develop in magnitude or extent: clouds building on the horizon.
- The physical makeup of a person or thing: an athletic build.
- To develop or increase in stages or by degrees: built up the business; building up my endurance for the marathon.
- To accumulate or collect: sediment building up on the ocean floor.
- To bolster: build up the product with a massive ad campaign; built up my hopes after the interview.
- To fill up (an area) with buildings.