Is KEEP valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of KEEP in various dictionaries:
- noun - the financial means whereby one lives
- noun - the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress
- noun - a cell in a jail or prison
- verb - keep in a certain state, position, or activity
- verb - continue a certain state, condition, or activity
- verb - retain possession of
- verb - stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state
- verb - conform one's action or practice to
- verb - stick to correctly or closely
- verb - look after
- verb - maintain by writing regular records
- verb - supply with room and board
- verb - allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature
- verb - supply with necessities and support
- verb - fail to spoil or rot
- verb - behave as expected during of holidays or rites
- verb - keep under control
- verb - maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
- verb - raise
- verb - retain rights to
- verb - store or keep customarily
- verb - have as a supply
- verb - maintain for use and service
- verb - hold and prevent from leaving
- verb - prevent (food) from rotting
- To retain possession of: kept the change; must keep your equanimity.
- To have as a supply: keep a cord of wood in the shed.
- To provide (a family, for example) with maintenance and support: “There’s little to earn and many to keep” (Charles Kingsley).
- To put customarily; store: Where do you keep your saw? 5.
- To supply with room and board for a charge: keep boarders.
- To raise: keep chickens.
- To maintain for use or service: a city dweller who didn’t keep a car.
- To manage, tend, or have charge of: Keep the shop while I’m away.
- To preserve (food).
- To cause to continue in a state, condition, or course of action: attempted to keep the patient calm.
- To maintain records in: keep a yearly diary.
- To enter (data) in a book: keep financial records.
- To detain: was kept after school.
- To restrain: kept the child away from the hot stove; kept the crowd back with barriers.
- To prevent or deter: tried to keep the ice from melting.
- To refrain from divulging: keep a secret.
- To save; reserve: keep extra money for emergencies.
- To maintain: keep late hours.
- To adhere to; fulfill: keep one’s word; keep a busy schedule.
- To celebrate; observe.
- To remain in a state or condition; stay: keep in line; keep quiet; kept well.
- To continue to do: keep on talking; keep guessing.
- To remain fresh or unspoiled: The dessert won’t keep.
- Care; charge: The child is in my keep for the day.
- The means by which one is supported: earn one’s keep.
- The stronghold of a castle.
- A jail.
- To maintain in good condition: kept up the property.
- To persevere in; carry on: We asked her to stop talking, but she kept up.
- To continue at the same level or pace.
- To match one’s competitors, colleagues, or neighbors in success or lifestyle: unsuccessfully tried to keep up with his associates.
- For an indefinitely long period: gave the ring to me for keeps.
- To stay out of trouble.
- To indicate the correct time.
- To maintain the tempo or rhythm.
- To shun the company of others: She kept to herself all morning.
- These verbs mean to have and maintain in one’s possession or control.
- adj - to continue to possess [v KEPT, KEEPING, KEEPS] : KEEPABLE
There are 4 letters in KEEP: E E K P
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to KEEP
To search all scrabble anagrams of KEEP, to go: KEEP?
Rearrange the letters in KEEP and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of KEEP
What's nearby KEEP
Lookup in Wiki for KEEP
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of KEEP, do not miss the additional links under "More about: KEEP"