Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if saying is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on saying.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer SAYING has 115 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word SAYING is VALID in some board games. Check SAYING in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of saying in various dictionaries:
noun - a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations
verb - express in words
verb - report or maintain
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|'That's life!,' e.g.|
|Saw this, in a manner of speaking|
|Saw this, yes, in a singular, short setting|
|One saw this, in a manner of speaking|
|Saw it's proverbial, in a manner of speaking|
A saying is any concisely written or spoken expression that is especially memorable because of its meaning or style. Sayings are categorized as follows:* Aphorism: a general, observational truth; "a pithy expression of wisdom or truth".Adage, proverb, or saw: a widely known or popular aphorism that has gained credibility by long use or tradition.|
* Apophthegm: "an edgy, more cynical aphorism; such as, 'Men are generally more careful of the breed of their horses and dogs than of their children.'"
* Cliché or bromide: an unoriginal and overused saying.
* Platitude: a cliché that is unsuccessfully presented as though it were meaningful, original, or effective.
* Epigram: a clever and often poetic written saying that comments on a specific person, idea, or thing; it especially denominates such a saying that is conspicuously put at the beginning of a text.
* Epitaph: a saying in honor of a decedent, often engraved on a headstone or plaque.
* Epithet: a descriptive word or saying already widely associa