Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if put is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on put.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer PUT has 275 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word PUT is VALID in some board games. Check PUT in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of put in various dictionaries:
To place in a specified location; set: She put the books on the table.
To cause to be in a specified condition: His gracious manners put me at ease.
To cause (one) to undergo something; subject: The interrogators put the prisoner to torture.
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|Quote, part 3|
|'___ a lid on it!'|
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|move to or place in a particular position.|
|cause (someone or something) to be subject to something.|
|throw (a shot or weight) as an athletic sport.|
|a throw of a shot or weight.|
|bring into a particular state or condition.|
|To place in a specified location set: She put the books on the table.|
|To cause to be in a specified condition: His gracious manners put me at ease.|
|To express state: I put my objections bluntly.|
|To bring up for consideration or judgment: put a question to the judge.|
|Sports To hurl with an overhand pushing motion: put the shot.|
|Put, New Ireland, PAPUA NEW GUINEA|
|Put, Campeche, MEXICO|
|Put, Van, TURKEY|
|Put, Tambovskaya oblast, RUSSIAN FEDERATION|
|Put, Maule, CHILE|
|Put, Thies, SENEGAL|
Put can refer to:|
* Put option, a financial contract between a buyer and a seller
* Phut or Put, Biblical grandson of Noah
* A Hypertext Transfer Protocol request method
* A File Transfer Protocol option to copy a file to a remote system (see List of FTP commands)
* Put (band), from Rijeka, Croatia
* Put (card game), a 16th-century card game
* An output procedure put in Pascal, Turing, and other programming languages
* In C, simple functions, puts and puts(), that put text on the screen* PUT may also be an acronym for:
* Parameterized unit testing
* Programmable unijunction transistor
* Petroleum University of Technology, Abadan, Ahvaz, Mahmud Abad and Tehran, Iran
* Pozna University of Technology, Poland
* CBOE S&P 500 PutWrite Index, ticker symbol
* Sri Sathya Sai Airport, Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh, India, IATA code