Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if anneal is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on anneal.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer ANNEAL has 129 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word ANNEAL is VALID in some board games. Check ANNEAL in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of anneal in various dictionaries:
verb - bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling
To subject (glass or metal) to a process of heating and slow cooling in order to toughen and reduce brittleness.
To become strengthened or hardened: “the time she needed for opinion to anneal around her policy” (Alexander M.
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|Temper, as metal|
|Strengthen by tempering|
|Temper, as steel|
|Toughen, as glass|
|Heat to remove stress from, as glass|
|Fire in a kiln|
|Heat and then cool|
|Possible Jeopardy Clues|
|(Jimmy of the Clue Crew reports) In glassblowing, this word means "to heat the finished vessel", & then allow it to cool uniformly|
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|heat (metal or glass) and allow it to cool slowly, in order to remove internal stresses and toughen it.|
|toughen (steel or glass) by a process of gradually heating and cooling|
|to make metal or glass soft by heating and then cooling it slowly|
|Heat (metal or glass) and allow it to cool slowly, in order to remove internal stresses and toughen it.|
|Recombine (DNA) in the double-stranded form.|
|To subject (glass or metal) to a process of heating and slow cooling in order to toughen and reduce brittleness.|
|To strengthen or harden.|
|To become strengthened or hardened: "the time she needed for opinion to anneal around her policy ( Alexander M. Haig, Jr.)|
|Anneal might refer to|
|Annealing may refer to:|
* Annealing (metallurgy), a heat treatment that alters the microstructure of a material causing changes in properties such as strength, hardness, and ductility
* Annealing (glass), heating a piece of glass to remove stress
* Annealing (biology), in genetics, means for complementary sequences of single-stranded DNA or RNA to pair by hydrogen bonds to form a double-stranded polynucleotide
* Simulated annealing, a numerical optimization technique for searching for a solution in a space otherwise too large for ordinary search methods to yield results
* Quantum annealing, a method for finding solutions to combinatorial optimisation problems and ground states of glassy systems using quantum fluctuations