Scrabble word: WORM
In which Scrabble dictionary does WORM exist?
Definitions of WORM in dictionaries:
- noun - any of numerous relatively small elongated soft-bodied animals especially of the phyla Annelida and Chaetognatha and Nematoda and Nemertea and Platyhelminthes
- noun - a person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect
- noun - a software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network
- noun - screw thread on a gear with the teeth of a worm wheel or rack
- verb - to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- Any of various invertebrates, as those of the phyla Annelida, Nematoda, Nemertea, or Platyhelminthes, having a long, flexible, rounded or flattened body, often without obvious appendages.
- Any of various crawling insect larvae, such as a grub or a caterpillar, having a soft, elongated body.
- Any of various unrelated animals, such as the shipworm or the slowworm, resembling a worm in habit or appearance.
- Something, such as the thread of a screw or the spiral condenser in a still, that resembles a worm in form or appearance.
- The spirally threaded shaft of a worm gear.
- An insidiously tormenting or devouring force: “felt the black worm of treachery growing in his heart” (Mario Puzo).
- A person regarded as pitiable or contemptible.
- A program that replicates itself and interferes with software function or destroys stored information.
- To make (one’s way) with or as if with the sinuous crawling motion of a worm.
- To work (one’s way or oneself) subtly or gradually; insinuate: She wormed her way into his confidence.
- To elicit by artful or devious means.
- To cure of intestinal worms.
- To wrap yarn or twine spirally around (rope).
- To move in a manner suggestive of a worm.
- To make one’s way by artful or devious means: He can’t worm out of this situation.
- verb - to rid of worms (small, limbless invertebrates)