Scrabble word: VICAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does VICAR exist?
Definitions of VICAR in dictionaries:
- noun - a Roman Catholic priest who acts for another higher-ranking clergyman
- noun - (Episcopal Church) a clergyman in charge of a chapel
- noun - (Church of England) a clergyman appointed to act as priest of a parish
- The priest of a parish in the Church of England who receives a stipend or salary but does not receive the tithes of a parish.
- A cleric in charge of a chapel in the Episcopal Church of the United States.
- A cleric acting in the place of a rector or bishop in the Anglican Communion generally.
- A priest who acts for or represents another, often higher-ranking member of the clergy.
- noun - a church official