Scrabble word: REEK
In which Scrabble dictionary does REEK exist?
Definitions of REEK in dictionaries:
- noun - a distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant
- verb - have an element suggestive (of something)
- verb - smell badly and offensively
- verb - be wet with sweat or blood, as of one's face
- verb - give off smoke, fumes, warm vapour, steam, etc.
- To smoke, steam, or fume.
- To be pervaded by something unpleasant: “This document... reeks of selfpity and self-deception” (Christopher Hitchens).
- To give off or become permeated with a strong, unpleasant odor: “Grandma, who reeks of face powder and lilac water” (Garrison Keillor).
- To emit or exude (smoke, for example).
- To process or treat by exposing to the action of smoke.
- A strong, offensive odor; a stench.
- But at least in one case Old English rKocan did mean “to stink,” hardly a surprise when one considers how bad some smoke smells.
- verb - to give off a strong, unpleasant odor