Scrabble word: QUOTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does QUOTE exist?
Definitions of QUOTE in dictionaries:
- noun - a punctuation mark used to attribute the enclosed text to someone else
- noun - a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- verb - repeat a passage from
- verb - name the price of
- verb - refer to for illustration or proof
- verb - put quote marks around
- To repeat or copy the words of (another), usually with acknowledgment of the source.
- To cite or refer to for illustration or proof.
- To repeat a brief passage or excerpt from: The saxophonist quoted a Duke Ellington melody in his solo.
- To give a quotation, as from a book.
- A quotation.
- A quotation mark.
- Used by a speaker to indicate the beginning of a quotation.
- A dictum; a saying.
- adv - to repeat the words of [v QUOTED, QUOTING, QUOTES] : QUOTABLE [adj], QUOTABLY