Scrabble word: QUENCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does QUENCH exist?
Definitions of QUENCH in dictionaries:
- verb - satisfy (thirst)
- verb - put out, as of fires, flames, or lights
- verb - electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
- verb - suppress or crush completely
- verb - reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
- verb - cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid
- To put out (a fire, for example); extinguish.
- To suppress; squelch: The disapproval of my colleagues quenched my enthusiasm for the plan.
- To put an end to; destroy.
- To slake; satisfy: Mineral water quenched our thirst.
- To cool (hot metal) by thrusting into water or other liquid.
- verb - to put out or extinguish