Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: PUMP
In which Scrabble dictionary does PUMP exist?
Definitions of PUMP in dictionaries:
- noun - a mechanical device that moves fluid or gas by pressure or suction
- noun - the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs
- noun - a low-cut shoe without fastenings
- verb - operate like a pump
- verb - deliver forth
- verb - draw or pour with a pump
- verb - supply in great quantities
- verb - flow intermittently
- verb - move up and down
- verb - raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
- verb - question persistently
- A machine or device for raising, compressing, or transferring fluids.
- A molecular mechanism for the active transport of ions or molecules across a cell membrane.
- Electromagnetic radiation used to raise atoms or molecules to a higher energy level.
- To raise or cause to flow by means of a pump.
- To draw, deliver, or pour forth as if with a pump: pumped new life into the economy.
- To remove the water from: pump out a flooded basement.
- To cause to move with the up-and-down motion of a pump handle: a bicyclist pumping the pedals.
- To propel, eject, or insert with or as if with a pump.
- To raise (atoms or molecules) to a higher energy level by exposing them to electromagnetic radiation at a resonant frequency.
- To transport (ions or molecules) against a concentration gradient by the expenditure of chemically stored energy.
- To question closely or persistently: pump a witness for secret information.
- To operate a pump.
- To raise or move gas or liquid with a pump.
- To move up and down in the manner of a pump handle.
- To inflate with gas by means of a pump: pump up a tire.
- To fill with enthusiasm, strength, and energy: The lively debate really pumped us up.
- To be actively involved in a bodybuilding program: I saw him pumping up at the gym.
- A woman’s shoe that has medium or high heels and no fastenings.
- verb - to cause to flow by means of a pump (a device for moving fluids)
There are 4 letters in PUMP: M P P U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PUMP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PUMP plus a wildcard: PUMP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PUMP
Images for PUMP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.