Scrabble word: PUMP
In which Scrabble dictionary does PUMP exist?
Definitions of PUMP in dictionaries:
- noun - a mechanical device that moves fluid or gas by pressure or suction
- noun - the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs
- noun - a low-cut shoe without fastenings
- verb - operate like a pump
- verb - deliver forth
- verb - draw or pour with a pump
- verb - supply in great quantities
- verb - flow intermittently
- verb - move up and down
- verb - raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
- verb - question persistently
- A machine or device for raising, compressing, or transferring fluids.
- A molecular mechanism for the active transport of ions or molecules across a cell membrane.
- Electromagnetic radiation used to raise atoms or molecules to a higher energy level.
- To raise or cause to flow by means of a pump.
- To draw, deliver, or pour forth as if with a pump: pumped new life into the economy.
- To remove the water from: pump out a flooded basement.
- To cause to move with the up-and-down motion of a pump handle: a bicyclist pumping the pedals.
- To propel, eject, or insert with or as if with a pump.
- To raise (atoms or molecules) to a higher energy level by exposing them to electromagnetic radiation at a resonant frequency.
- To transport (ions or molecules) against a concentration gradient by the expenditure of chemically stored energy.
- To question closely or persistently: pump a witness for secret information.
- To operate a pump.
- To raise or move gas or liquid with a pump.
- To move up and down in the manner of a pump handle.
- To inflate with gas by means of a pump: pump up a tire.
- To fill with enthusiasm, strength, and energy: The lively debate really pumped us up.
- To be actively involved in a bodybuilding program: I saw him pumping up at the gym.
- A woman’s shoe that has medium or high heels and no fastenings.
- verb - to cause to flow by means of a pump (a device for moving fluids)