Scrabble word: PLUNK
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLUNK exist?
Definitions of PLUNK in dictionaries:
- noun - a hollow twanging sound
- noun - (baseball) hitting a baseball so that it drops suddenly
- verb - make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
- verb - set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise
- verb - drop steeply
- verb - pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion
- adv - with a short hollow thud
- To throw or place heavily or abruptly: plunked the money down on the counter.
- To strum or pluck (a stringed instrument).
- To drop or fall abruptly or heavily; plump: plunked into the armchair with a sigh of relief.
- To emit a hollow, twanging sound.
- A heavy blow or stroke.
- A short, hollow, twanging sound.
- With a short, hollow thud.
- Exactly; precisely: The dart landed plunk in the center of the target.
- verb - to fall or drop heavily