Scrabble word: PLUCK
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLUCK exist?
Definitions of PLUCK in dictionaries:
- noun - the trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury
- noun - the act of pulling and releasing a taut cord
- verb - pull or pull out sharply
- verb - sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity
- verb - rip off
- verb - pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion
- verb - strip of feathers
- verb - look for and gather
- To remove or detach by grasping and pulling abruptly with the fingers; pick: pluck a flower; pluck feathers from a chicken; plucked a rabbit from the hat.
- To pull out the hair or feathers of: pluck a chicken.
- To remove abruptly or forcibly: plucked the child from school in midterm.
- To give an abrupt pull to; tug at: pluck a sleeve.
- To sound (the strings of an instrument) by pulling and releasing them with the fingers or a plectrum.
- The act or an instance of plucking.
- Resourceful courage and daring in the face of difficulties; spirit.
- The heart, liver, windpipe, and lungs of a slaughtered animal.
- verb - to pull out or off