Scrabble word: PHONY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PHONY exist?
Definitions of PHONY in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives
- adj - fraudulent
- Not genuine or real; counterfeit: a phony credit card.
- False; spurious: a phony name.
- Not honest or truthful; deceptive: a phony excuse.
- Insincere or hypocritical.
- Giving a false impression of truth or authenticity; specious.
- Something not genuine; a fake.
- One who is insincere or pretentious.
- An impostor; a hypocrite.
- adj - not genuine or real
- verb - to alter so as to make appear genuine