Scrabble word: LOBBY
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOBBY exist?
Definitions of LOBBY in dictionaries:
- noun - a large entrance or reception room or area
- noun - the people who support some common cause or business or principle or sectional interest
- noun - a group of people who try actively to influence legislation
- verb - detain in conversation by or as if by holding on to the outer garments of
- A hall, foyer, or waiting room at or near the entrance to a building, such as a hotel or theater.
- A public room next to the assembly chamber of a legislative body.
- To try to influence the thinking of legislators or other public officials for or against a specific cause: lobbying for stronger environmental safeguards; lobbied against the proliferation of nuclear arms.
- To try to influence public officials on behalf of or against (proposed legislation, for example): lobbied the bill through Congress; lobbied the bill to a negative vote.
- To try to influence (an official) to take a desired action.
- verb - to attempt to influence legislators