Scrabble word: KNOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does KNOW exist?
Definitions of KNOW in dictionaries:
- noun - the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people
- verb - be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information
- verb - know how to do or perform something
- verb - be aware of the truth of something
- verb - be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object
- verb - have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
- verb - accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- verb - have fixed in the mind
- verb - have sexual intercourse with
- verb - know the nature or character of
- verb - be able to distinguish, recognize as being different
- verb - perceive as familiar
- To perceive directly; grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty.
- To regard as true beyond doubt: I know she won’t fail.
- To have a practical understanding of, as through experience; be skilled in: knows how to cook.
- To have fixed in the mind: knows her Latin verbs.
- To have experience of: “a black stubble that had known no razor” (William Faulkner).
- To perceive as familiar; recognize: I know that face.
- To be acquainted with: He doesn’t know his neighbors.
- To be able to distinguish; recognize as distinct: knows right from wrong.
- To discern the character or nature of: knew him for a liar.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To possess knowledge, understanding, or information.
- Possessing special or secret information.
- adj - to have a true understanding of [v KNEW, KNOWN, KNOWING, KNOWS] : KNOWABLE