Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: IRONY
In which Scrabble dictionary does IRONY exist?
Definitions of IRONY in dictionaries:
- noun - witty language used to convey insults or scorn
- noun - incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs
- noun - a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs
- The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
- An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
- A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.
- Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland’s copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
- An occurrence, a result, or a circumstance notable for such incongruity.
- Dramatic irony.
- Socratic irony.
- noun - the use of words to express the opposite of what is literally said
There are 5 letters in IRONY: I N O R Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to IRONY
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word IRONY plus a wildcard: IRONY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word IRONY
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for IRONY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.