Scrabble word: HITCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does HITCH exist?
Definitions of HITCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a period of time spent in military service
- noun - the state of inactivity following an interruption
- noun - an unforeseen obstacle
- noun - a connection between a vehicle and the load that it pulls
- noun - a knot that can be undone by pulling against the strain that holds it
- noun - any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome
- noun - the uneven manner of walking that results from an injured leg
- verb - to hook or entangle
- verb - walk impeded by some physical limitation or injury
- verb - jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
- verb - travel by getting free rides from motorists
- verb - connect to a vehicle: "hitch the trailer to the car"
- To fasten or catch temporarily with or as if with a loop, hook, or noose.
- To connect or attach, as to a vehicle: hitched the horses to the sleigh.
- To move or raise by pulling or jerking: hitch up one’s suspenders.
- To hitchhike: hitched a ride to the rally.
- To move haltingly; hobble.
- To become entangled, snarled, or fastened.
- To get married: We got hitched last weekend.
- To hitchhike.
- Any of various knots used as a temporary fastening.
- A device used to connect one thing to another.
- A short jerking motion; a tug.
- A hobble or limp.
- An impediment or a delay: a hitch in our plans.
- A term of service, especially of military service.
- A free ride obtained along a road.
- verb - to fasten with a knot or hook