Scrabble word: HATCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does HATCH exist?
Definitions of HATCH in dictionaries:
- noun - the production of young from an egg
- noun - shading consisting of multiple crossing lines
- noun - a movable barrier covering a hatchway
- verb - emerge from the eggs
- verb - devise or invent
- verb - inlay with narrow strips or lines of a different substance such as gold or silver, for the purpose of decorating
- verb - draw, cut, or engrave lines, usually parallel, on metal, wood, or paper
- verb - sit on (eggs)
- An opening, as in the deck of a ship, in the roof or floor of a building, or in an aircraft.
- The cover for such an opening.
- A hatchway.
- A ship’s compartment.
- The hinged rear door of a hatchback.
- Drink up.
- To produce (young) from an egg.
- To cause (an egg or eggs) to produce young.
- To devise or originate, especially in secret: hatch an assassination plot.
- The act or an instance of hatching.
- The young hatched at one time; a brood.
- A fine line used in hatching.
- verb - to bring forth young from an egg