Scrabble word: FUNK
In which Scrabble dictionary does FUNK exist?
Definitions of FUNK in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of nervous depression
- noun - United States biochemist (born in Poland) who showed that several diseases were caused by dietary deficiencies and who coined the term `vitamin' for the chemicals involved (1884-1967)
- noun - an earthy type of jazz combining it with blues and soul
- verb - draw back, as with fear or pain
- A state of cowardly fright; a panic.
- A state of severe depression.
- A cowardly, fearful person.
- To shrink from in fright or dread.
- To shrink in fright.
- An earthy quality appreciated in music such as jazz or soul.
- A type of popular music combining elements of jazz, blues, and soul and characterized by syncopated rhythm and a heavy, repetitive bass line.
- An unsophisticated quality or atmosphere of a region or locality: “The setting is country funk” (Nina Martin).
- verb - to shrink back in fear