Scrabble word: FREEZE
Is FREEZE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of FREEZE in dictionaries:
- noun - the withdrawal of heat to change something from a liquid to a solid
- noun - weather cold enough to cause freezing
- noun - an interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement
- noun - fixing (of prices or wages etc) at a particular level
- verb - stop moving or become immobilized
- verb - change to ice
- verb - be cold
- verb - cause to freeze
- verb - stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
- verb - be very cold, below the freezing point
- verb - change from a liquid to a solid when cold
- verb - prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
- verb - anesthetize by cold
- verb - suddenly behave coldly and formally
- To pass from the liquid to the solid state by loss of heat.
- To acquire a surface or coat of ice from cold: The lake froze over in January.
- To become clogged or jammed because of the formation of ice: The pipes froze in the basement.
- To be at that degree of temperature at which ice forms: It may freeze tonight.
- To be killed or harmed by cold or frost: They almost froze to death.
- To become fixed, stuck, or attached by or as if by frost: The lock froze up with rust.
- To become motionless or immobile, as from surprise or attentiveness: I heard a sound and froze in my tracks.
- To become unable to act or react, as from fear: froze in front of the audience.
- To become icily silent in manner: froze at the rebuke.
- To become rigid and inflexible; solidify: an opinion that froze into dogma.
- To convert into ice.
- To cause ice to form upon.
- To cause to congeal or stiffen from extreme cold: winter cold that froze the ground.
- To preserve (foods, for example) by subjecting to freezing temperatures.
- To damage, kill, or make inoperative by cold or by the formation of ice.
- To make very cold; chill.
- To immobilize, as with fear or shock.
- To chill with an icy or formal manner: froze me with one look.
- To stop the motion or progress of: The negotiations were frozen by the refusal of either side to compromise.
- To fix (prices or wages, for example) at a given or current level.
- To prohibit further manufacture or use of.
- To prevent or restrict the exchange, withdrawal, liquidation, or granting of by governmental action: freeze investment loans during a depression; froze foreign assets held by U.
- To capture or preserve a likeness of, as on film.
- To photograph (a subject) in mid-action so as to produce a still image.
- To stop (a moving film) at a particular image.
- To anesthetize by chilling.
- To keep possession of (a ball or puck) so as to deny an opponent the opportunity to score.
- The act of freezing.
- The state of being frozen.
- A spell of cold weather; a frost.
- A restriction that forbids a quantity from rising above a given or current level: a freeze on city jobs; a proposed freeze on the production of nuclear weapons.
- verb - to become hardened into a solid body by loss of heat
There are 6 letters in FREEZE: E E E F R Z
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FREEZE
Click to search all anagrams of FREEZE plus a wildcard: FREEZE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FREEZE
Images for FREEZE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.