Scrabble word: DRUM
In which Scrabble dictionary does DRUM exist?
Definitions of DRUM in dictionaries:
- noun - a musical percussion instrument
- noun - the sound of a drum
- noun - a bulging cylindrical shape
- noun - a cylindrical metal container used for shipping or storage of liquids
- noun - a hollow cast-iron cylinder attached to the wheel that forms part of the brakes
- noun - small to medium-sized bottom-dwelling food and game fishes of shallow coastal and fresh waters that make a drumming noise
- verb - make a rhythmic sound
- verb - play a percussion instrument
- verb - study intensively, as before an exam
- A percussion instrument consisting of a hollow cylinder or hemisphere with a membrane stretched tightly over one or both ends, played by beating with the hands or sticks.
- A sound produced by this instrument.
- Something resembling a drum in shape or structure, especially a barrellike metal container or a metal cylinder wound with cable, wire, or heavy rope.
- Any of various marine and freshwater fishes of the family Sciaenidae that make a drumming sound.
- The eardrum.
- To play a drum or drums.
- To thump or tap rhythmically or continually: nervously drummed on the table.
- To produce a booming, reverberating sound by beating the wings, as certain birds do.
- To perform (a piece or tune) on or as if on a drum.
- To summon by or as if by beating a drum.
- To make known to or force upon (a person) by constant repetition: drummed the answers into my head.
- To expel or dismiss in disgrace: was drummed out of the army.
- To bring about by continuous, persistent effort: drum up new business.
- To devise; invent: drummed up an alibi.
- verb - to beat a drum (a percussion instrument)