Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: CATCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does CATCH exist?
Definitions of CATCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident
- noun - the quantity that was caught
- noun - a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
- noun - anything that is caught (especially if it is worth catching)
- noun - a break or check in the voice (usually a sign of strong emotion)
- noun - a restraint that checks the motion of something
- noun - a fastener that fastens or locks a door or window
- noun - a cooperative game in which a ball is passed back and forth
- noun - the act of catching an object with the hands
- noun - the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
- verb - discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly
- verb - perceive with the senses quickly, suddenly, or momentarily
- verb - reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot
- verb - take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of
- verb - succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase
- verb - to hook or entangle
- verb - attract and fix
- verb - capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping
- verb - reach in time
- verb - get or regain something necessary, usually quickly or briefly
- verb - catch up with and possibly overtake
- verb - be struck or affected by
- verb - check oneself during an action
- verb - hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers
- verb - see or watch
- verb - cause to become accidentally or suddenly caught, ensnared, or entangled
- verb - detect a blunder or misstep
- verb - grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of
- verb - contract
- verb - start burning
- verb - perceive by hearing
- verb - suffer from the receipt of
- verb - attract
- verb - apprehend and reproduce accurately
- verb - take in and retain
- verb - spread or be communicated
- verb - be the catcher
- verb - become aware of
- verb - delay or hold up
- To capture or seize, especially after a chase.
- To take by or as if by trapping or snaring.
- To discover or come upon suddenly, unexpectedly, or accidentally: He was caught in the act of stealing.
- To become cognizant or aware of suddenly: caught her gazing out the window.
- To take hold of, especially forcibly or suddenly; grasp: caught me by the arm; caught the reins.
- To grab so as to stop the motion of: catch a ball.
- To overtake: The green car caught me on the straightaway.
- To reach just in time; take: caught the bus to town; catch a wave.
- To hold, as by snagging or entangling.
- To cause to become suddenly or accidentally hooked, entangled, or fastened: caught my hem on the stair.
- To hold up; delay: was caught in traffic for an hour.
- To hit; strike: a punch that caught me in the stomach.
- To check (oneself) during an action: I caught myself before replying.
- To become subject to or to contract, as by exposure to a pathogen: catch a cold.
- To become affected by or infused with: caught the joyous mood of the festival.
- To suffer from the receipt of (criticism, for example): caught hell for being late.
- To take or get suddenly, momentarily, or quickly: We caught a glimpse of the monarch.
- To grasp mentally; apprehend: I don’t catch your meaning.
- To apprehend and reproduce accurately by or as if by artistic means: an impressionist who caught the effects of wind and water in his paintings.
- To attract and fix; arrest: couldn’t catch their attention; caught the teacher’s eye.
- To charm; captivate.
- To go to see (a performance, for example): caught the midnight show.
- To get (something required), usually quickly or for a brief period: catch some sleep.
- To become held, entangled, or fastened: My coat caught in the car door.
- To act or move so as to hold or grab someone or something: tried to catch at the life preserver.
- To be communicable or infectious; spread.
- To ignite: The fire caught.
- To act as catcher.
- The act of catching; a taking and holding.
- Something that catches, especially a device for fastening or for checking motion.
- Something caught: The mistake you found was a good catch.
- One, such as a person or thing, that is worth catching.
- The grabbing and holding of a thrown, kicked, or batted ball before it hits the ground.
- A game of throwing and catching a ball.
- A quantity that is caught: The catch amounted to 50 fish.
- A choking or stoppage of the breath or voice.
- A stop or break in the operation of a mechanism.
- A tricky or previously unsuspected condition or drawback: It sounds like a good offer, but there may be a catch.
- A snatch; a fragment.
- A canonical, often rhythmically intricate composition for three or more voices, popular especially in the 17th and 18th centuries.
- To understand; perceive.
- To become popular: Skateboarding caught on quickly.
- To snatch: The mugger caught the wallet up and fled.
- To detect (another) in a mistake or wrongdoing: Auditors caught up with the embezzler.
- To come up from behind; overtake.
- To become involved with, often unwillingly: was caught up in the scandal.
- To captivate; enthrall: I was caught up in the mood of the evening.
- To bring up to date; brief: Let me catch you up on all the gossip.
- To bring an activity nearer to completion: I must catch up on my correspondence.
- To ignite.
- To become very enthusiastic.
- To receive a punishment or scolding.
- v - to capture after pursuit
There are 5 letters in CATCH: A C C H T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CATCH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CATCH plus a wildcard: CATCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CATCH
Images for CATCH
- catch .44 - Movie DVD Scanned Covers
- Cartula Frontal de C.c. catch - Classics - Portada
- WWE Raw - WWE Wallpaper (16933714) - Fanpop fanclubs
- catch .44 - Movie DVD Custom Covers
- CM Punk Wallpapers 2012 Bio & Pictures of WWE Superstar CM Punk HD ...
- Filecatch of the day.jpg - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
- How to catch Santa - Cheezburger
- Kelly Clarkson Releases catch My Breath From First Greatest Hits ...
- Football Coloring Pages Football Field Coloring Page Classroom Jr.
- Ninjas cant catch you if youre Optimus Prime
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.