Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if mcaleese is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on mcaleese.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer MCALEESE has 3 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word MCALEESE is NOT valid in any word game. (Sorry, you cannot play MCALEESE in Scrabble, Words With Friends etc)
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of mcaleese in various dictionaries:
MCALEESE - McAleese or McGillis is an Irish and Scottish surname and is an anglicisation of the Irish Mac Giolla Íosa from the Irish given name Giolla Íosa (S...
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|Last Seen in these Crosswords & Puzzles|
|May 5 2006 Irish Times (Simplex)|
|Sep 23 2005 Irish Times (Simplex)|
|May 2 2005 Irish Times (Simplex)|
McAleese or McGillis is an Irish and Scottish surname and is an anglicisation of the Irish Mac Giolla Íosa from the Irish given name Giolla Íosa (Servant of Jesus). This name is common in Derry and in Antrim. A Ui Brolchainn Sept of the Cenel Eoghain, a branch of the Ui Neill dynasty.|
* Notable people with the surname include:* Jack McAleese, Major League Baseball player
* John McAleese, MM (1949–2011), British Army soldier who led an SAS team against the Iranian embassy in London in May 1980 to end the siege
* Martin McAleese, member of Seanad Éireann and the husband of the former President of Ireland, Mary McAleese
* Mary McAleese (born 1951), eighth President of Ireland from 1997 to 2011
* Peter McAleese, British ex-paratrooper, ex-member of the SAS and author