Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if hiss is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on hiss.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer HISS has 390 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word HISS is VALID in some board games. Check HISS in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of hiss in various dictionaries:
noun - a fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval)
noun - a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
verb - make a sharp hissing sound, as if to show disapproval
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|Heckle, in a way|
|Greeting for the villain|
|Unhappy fan's reaction|
|Possible Jeopardy Clues|
|Boo's sibilant friend, this 4-letter word can express disapproval|
|Sound made by the Southeast Asian Cobra|
|Snakes, steam kettles & displeased audiences do this incessantly|
|To sibilate is to do this, like a snake or a disapproving audience|
|To sibilate is to do this, like a disapproving audience or a rattler|
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|A sharp sibilant sound.|
|Make a sharp sibilant sound as of the letter s.|
|make a sharp sibilant sound as of the letter isi.|
|a sharp sibilant sound.|
|to make a noise like a long s sound:|
|to make a noise like the sound of the letter "s"|
|a sound like the letter s:|
|to say something in a quiet angry way:|
|A sharp sibilant sound similar to a sustained s.|
|To express (a negative view or reaction) by uttering a hiss: The audience hissed its displeasure.|
|Hiss might refer to|
Hiss or Hissing may refer to:|
* Hiss (surname)
* Sibilant, a group of consonants that have a hissing or hushing sound
* Tape hiss, high frequency noise present on analogue magnetic tape recordings
* Electronic circuit hiss, white noise (electronics) present at low level in all electronic circuits
* Hiss (electromagnetic), an electromagnetic wave phenomenon
* Hiss, white noise on tape recorders, phones, MP3 players, speakers, headsets, etc.
* Hissing (manhwa), a Korean manhwa series by Kang EunYoung
* The Hiss, a five piece rock band from Atlanta, Georgia
* H.I.S.S., Honda Ignition Security System vehicle immobiliser*