Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if gies is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on gies.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer GIES has 0 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word GIES is VALID in some board games. Check GIES in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of gies in various dictionaries:
noun - the SI unit of energy absorbed from ionizing radiation
verb - clean in preparation for inspection
adj - to transfer freely to another's possession [v GAVE, GIVEN, GIVING, GIVES] : GIVEABLE
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|Strong mats made of bark or other material, worn by native boatmen in the Pacific as a protection from rain.|
Gies is a surname of Germanic origin. It is either a patronymic surname, Gies being a form of the old Germanic name Giso, or a toponymic surname related to the Old High German word Gieze for a small stream. People with this name include:* Frances Gies (19152013), American historian, author, and wife of Joseph Gies|
* Gerd Gies (born 1943), German politician, Minister President of Saxony-Anhalt
* Hans-Peter Gies (born 1947), East German shot putter
* Heinrich Gies (19121973), German film and television actor
* Jan Gies (19051993), Dutch resistance figure who helped hide Anne Frank
* Jeroen Gies (born 1995), German-Dutch football goalkeeper
* Joseph Gies (19162006), American historian, author, and husband of Frances Gies
* Kurt Gies (19211943), German tennis player
* Ludwig Gies (18871966), German sculptor and medallist
* Miep Gies (19092010), Dutch resistance figure who helped hide Anne Frank
* Reiner Gies (born 1963), German boxer who competed in the 1988 Olympics
* William John Gies (18721956), American bio