Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if butty is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on butty.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer BUTTY has 17 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word BUTTY is VALID in some board games. Check BUTTY in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of butty in various dictionaries:
noun - a sandwich
noun - a fellow workman
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|a filled or open sandwich.|
|A sandwich, usually with a hot savoury filling in a breadcake. The most common are chips, bacon, sausage and egg.|
|A miner who works under contract, receiving a fixed amount per ton of coal or ore.|
|a man's male friend, or a man he works with|
|A filled or open sandwich.|
|(among miners) a friend or workmate.|
|A middleman negotiating between miners and the mine owner.|
|An unpowered freight barge intended to be towed.|
|Butty might refer to|
* Sandwich, a food made with two pieces of bread encompassing a filling, especially in Northern England, Scotland and Ulster, where it refers to a buttered (normally white sliced bread or bun) sandwich. It is most commonly used for bacon sandwiches (bacon butties) or chip sandwiches (chip butties).|
* Julius Butty, record producer
* The Butties, a cover band
* Butty boat, a type of narrowboat
* Welsh slang for 'Buddy', 'Mate', 'Friend' etc.