Scrabble word: VAULT
In which Scrabble dictionary does VAULT exist?
Definitions of VAULT in dictionaries:
- noun - a burial chamber (usually underground)
- noun - a strongroom or compartment (often made of steel) for safekeeping of valuables
- noun - an arched brick or stone ceiling or roof
- noun - the act of jumping over an obstacle
- verb - jump across or leap over (an obstacle)
- verb - bound vigorously
- An arched structure, usually of stone, brick, or concrete, forming the supporting structure of a ceiling or roof.
- An arched overhead covering, such as the sky, that resembles the architectural structure in form.
- A room or space, such as a cellar or storeroom, with arched walls and ceiling, especially when underground.
- A room or compartment, often built of steel, for the safekeeping of valuables: a bank vault.
- A burial chamber, especially when underground.
- An arched part of the body, especially the top part of the skull.
- To construct or supply with an arched ceiling; cover with a vault.
- To build or make in the shape of a vault; arch.
- To jump or leap, especially with the use of the hands or a pole.
- The act of vaulting; a jump.
- verb - to provide with a vault (an arched ceiling)