Scrabble word: SWIM
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWIM exist?
Definitions of SWIM in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of swimming
- verb - travel through water
- verb - be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom
- verb - be dizzy or giddy
- verb - be covered with or submerged in a liquid
- verb - move as if gliding through water
- To move through water by means of the limbs, fins, or tail.
- To move as though gliding through water.
- To float on water or another liquid.
- To be covered or flooded with or as if with a liquid: chicken swimming in gravy.
- To possess a superfluity; abound: After winning the lottery, she was swimming in money.
- To experience a floating or giddy sensation; be dizzy: “his brain still swimming with the effects of the last night’s champagne” (Robert Smith Surtees).
- To appear to spin or reel lazily: The room swam before my eyes.
- To move through or across (a body of water) by swimming: She swam the channel.
- To execute (a particular stroke) in swimming.
- To cause to swim or float.
- The act of swimming.
- A period of time spent swimming.
- A gliding motion.
- A state of dizziness.
- Of, relating to, or used for swimming: a swim mask.
- verb - to propel oneself in water by natural means