Scrabble word: SENSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SENSE exist?
Definitions of SENSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a general conscious awareness
- noun - the meaning of a word or expression
- noun - the faculty through which the external world is apprehended
- noun - sound practical judgment
- noun - a natural appreciation or ability
- verb - perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles
- verb - detect some circumstance or entity automatically
- verb - become aware of not through the senses but instinctively
- verb - comprehend
- Any of the faculties by which stimuli from outside or inside the body are received and felt, as the faculties of hearing, sight, smell, touch, taste, and equilibrium.
- A perception or feeling produced by a stimulus; sensation: a sense of fatigue and hunger.
- Intuitive or acquired perception or ability to estimate: a sense of diplomatic timing.
- A capacity to appreciate or understand: a keen sense of humor.
- A vague feeling or presentiment: a sense of impending doom.
- Recognition or perception either through the senses or through the intellect; consciousness: has no sense of shame.
- Something sound or reasonable: There’s no sense in waiting three hours.
- A meaning that is conveyed, as in speech or writing; signification: The sense of the novel is the inevitability of human tragedy.
- See Synonyms at meaning.
- Judgment; consensus: sounding out the sense of the electorate on capital punishment.
- Intellectual interpretation, as of the significance of an event or the conclusions reached by a group: I came away from the meeting with the sense that we had resolved all outstanding issues.
- To become aware of; perceive.
- To grasp; understand.
- To detect automatically: sense radioactivity.
- verb - to perceive by the senses (any of certain agencies through which an individual receives impressions of the external world)