Scrabble word: SEIZE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SEIZE exist?
Definitions of SEIZE in dictionaries:
- verb - take hold of
- verb - take or capture by force
- verb - take possession of by force, as after an invasion
- verb - take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority
- verb - seize and take control without authority and possibly with force
- verb - hook by a pull on the line
- verb - affect
- verb - capture the attention or imagination of
- To grasp suddenly and forcibly; take or grab: seize a sword.
- To grasp with the mind; apprehend: seize an idea and develop it to the fullest extent.
- To possess oneself of (something): seize an opportunity.
- To have a sudden, overwhelming effect on: a heinous crime that seized the minds and emotions of the populace.
- To overwhelm physically: a person who was seized with a terminal disease.
- To take into custody; capture.
- To take quick and forcible possession of; confiscate: seize a cache of illegal drugs.
- Also seise (sKz).
- To put (one) into possession of something.
- To vest ownership of a feudal property in.
- To bind with turns of small line.
- To lay sudden or forcible hold of.
- To cohere or fuse with another part as a result of high pressure or temperature and restrict or prevent further motion or flow.
- To come to a halt: The talks seized up and were rescheduled.
- adj - to take hold of suddenly and forcibly [v SEIZED, SEIZING, SEIZES] : SEIZABLE
There are 5 letters in SEIZE: E E I S Z
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SEIZE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SEIZE plus a wildcard: SEIZE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SEIZE
Images for SEIZE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.