Scrabble word: OPAQUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OPAQUE exist?
Definitions of OPAQUE in dictionaries:
- adj - not transmitting or reflecting light or radiant energy
- adj - not clearly understood or expressed
- Impenetrable by light; neither transparent nor translucent.
- Not reflecting light; having no luster: an opaque finish.
- Impenetrable by a form of radiant energy other than visible light: a chemical solution opaque to x-rays.
- So obscure as to be unintelligible: “opaque, elusive, minimal meanings” (John Simon).
- Something that is opaque, especially an opaque pigment used to darken parts of a photographic print or negative.
- adv - impervious to light [adj OPAQUER, OPAQUEST] : OPAQUELY