Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: MILL
In which Scrabble dictionary does MILL exist?
Definitions of MILL in dictionaries:
- noun - a plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
- noun - Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism
- noun - English philosopher and economist remembered for his interpretations of empiricism and utilitarianism (1806-1873)
- noun - machinery that processes materials by grinding or crushing
- noun - the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- verb - move about in a confused manner
- verb - grind with a mill
- verb - produce a ridge around the edge of
- verb - roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
- A building equipped with machinery for grinding grain into flour or meal.
- A device or mechanism that grinds grain.
- A machine or device that reduces a solid or coarse substance into pulp or minute grains by crushing, grinding, or pressing: a pepper mill.
- A machine that releases the juice of fruits and vegetables by pressing or grinding: a cider mill.
- A machine, such as one for stamping coins, that produces something by the repetition of a simple process.
- A steel roller bearing a raised design, used for making a die or a printing plate by pressure.
- Any of various machines for shaping, cutting, polishing, or dressing metal surfaces.
- A building or group of buildings equipped with machinery for processing raw materials into finished or industrial products: a textile mill; a steel mill.
- A building or collection of buildings that has machinery for manufacture; a factory.
- A process, an agency, or an institution that operates in a routine way or turns out products in the manner of a factory: The college was nothing more than a diploma mill.
- A slow or laborious process: It took three years to get the bill through the legislative mill.
- To grind, pulverize, or break down into smaller particles in a mill.
- To transform or process mechanically in a mill.
- To shape, polish, dress, or finish in a mill or with a milling tool.
- To produce a ridge around the edge of (a coin).
- To groove or flute the rim of (a coin or other metal object).
- To agitate or stir until foamy.
- To halt (a cattle stampede) by turning the lead animals in a wide arc so that they form the center of a gradually tightening spiral.
- To move around in churning confusion: “A crowd of school children milled about on the curb looking scared” (Anne Tyler).
- To fight with the fists; box.
- Originally this sense of mill also meant “circular motion”; now it means “to move around in churning confusion” with no pattern in particular.
- adj - to grind by mechanical means [v -ED, -ING, -S] : MILLABLE
There are 4 letters in MILL: I L L M
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MILL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MILL plus a wildcard: MILL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MILL
Images for MILL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.