Scrabble word: LOOM
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOOM exist?
Definitions of LOOM in dictionaries:
- noun - a textile machine for weaving yarn into a textile
- verb - come into view indistinctly, often threateningly
- verb - appear very large or occupy a commanding position
- verb - hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing
- verb - weave on a loom
- To come into view as a massive, distorted, or indistinct image.
- To appear to the mind in a magnified and threatening form: “Stalin looms over the whole human tragedy of 1930-1933” (Robert Conquest).
- A distorted, threatening appearance of something, as through fog or darkness.
- An apparatus for making thread or yarn into cloth by weaving strands together at right angles.
- verb - to appear in an enlarged and indistinct form