Scrabble word: IMBIBE
In which Scrabble dictionary does IMBIBE exist?
Definitions of IMBIBE in dictionaries:
- verb - take in, also metaphorically
- verb - take (gas, light or heat) into a solution
- verb - take in liquids
- verb - receive into the mind and retain
- To drink.
- To absorb or take in as if by drinking: “The whole body... imbibes delight through every pore” (Henry David Thoreau).
- To receive and absorb into the mind: “Gladstone had... imbibed a strong prejudice against Americans” (Philip Magnus).
- To permeate; saturate.
- verb - to swallow liquid