Scrabble word: GUM
In which Scrabble dictionary does GUM exist?
Definitions of GUM in dictionaries:
- noun - a preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing
- noun - the tissue (covered by mucous membrane) of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth
- noun - any of various substances (soluble in water) that exude from certain plants
- noun - cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive
- noun - wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum
- noun - any of various trees of the genera Eucalyptus or Liquidambar or Nyssa that are sources of gum
- verb - cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum
- verb - grind with the gums
- verb - become sticky
- verb - exude or form gum
- Any of various viscous substances that are exuded by certain plants and trees and dry into water-soluble, noncrystalline, brittle solids.
- A similar plant exudate, such as a resin.
- Any of various adhesives made from such exudates or other sticky substance.
- A substance resembling the viscous substance exuded by certain plants, as in stickiness.
- Any of various trees of the genera Eucalyptus, Liquidambar, or Nyssa that are sources of gum.
- The wood of such a tree; gumwood.
- To cover, smear, seal, fill, or fix in place with or as if with gum.
- To exude or form gum.
- To become sticky or clogged.
- The firm connective tissue covered by mucous membrane that envelops the alveolar arches of the jaw and surrounds the bases of the teeth.
- verb - to smear, seal, or clog with gum (a sticky, viscid substance)