Scrabble word: GILL
In which Scrabble dictionary does GILL exist?
Definitions of GILL in dictionaries:
- noun - a British imperial capacity unit (liquid or dry) equal to 5 fluid ounces or 142.066 cubic centimeters
- noun - a United States liquid unit equal to 4 fluid ounces
- noun - any of the radiating leaflike spore-producing structures on the underside of the cap of a mushroom or similar fungus
- noun - respiratory organ of aquatic animals that breathe oxygen dissolved in water
- The respiratory organ of most aquatic animals that breathe water to obtain oxygen, consisting of a filamentous structure of vascular membranes across which dissolved gases are exchanged.
- The area around the chin and neck.
- One of the thin, platelike structures on the underside of the cap of a mushroom or similar fungus.
- To catch (fish) in a gill net.
- To become entangled in a gill net.
- A unit of volume or capacity in the U.
- A unit of volume or capacity, used in dry and liquid measure, equal to 4 of a British Imperial pint (142 milliliters).
- A ravine.
- A narrow stream.
- A girl, often one’s sweetheart.
- verb - to catch fish with a type of net