Scrabble word: EVOKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EVOKE exist?
Definitions of EVOKE in dictionaries:
- verb - call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
- verb - evoke or provoke to appear or occur
- verb - deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning)
- verb - summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- verb - call to mind
- To summon or call forth: actions that evoked our mistrust.
- To call to mind by naming, citing, or suggesting: songs that evoke old memories.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to draw forth or bring out something latent, hidden, or unexpressed”: evoke laughter; couldn’t educe significance from the event; trying to elicit the truth.
- verb - to call forth